Taking Care of Wood Floors
Maintaining a wood floor is very easy and taking care of your floor requires just a little effort. Most wood floors should last the lifetime of your home. All they need is a little preventive maintenance. That involves protecting the finish from two things - scratches and moisture. Follow these simple practices to keep wood floors looking good for years to come.
- Install floor protector pads on the bottom of all furniture
- Place rugs at all entrances to the area to trap grit and absorb moisture
- Vacuum, sweep, or dry dust-mop regularly to remove dirt and grit
- Be aware that wearing high heels on your wood floor will dent the floor surface
- Always use manufacturer’s recommended cleaning products or generic wood floor cleaners available at retail stores.
- Wipe-up spills immediately with a lightly dampened cloth, and then follow-up with recommended cleaning products.
- For stubborn stains, lightly dampen a soft cloth with manufacturer’s recommended or generic wood floor cleaners. Apply directly to the stain and repeat as necessary.